Midnight Legion tells the story of one hero’s journey of discovery: waking without memories in a compound under siege (Operation Deep Sleep), escaping out into the unknown wilderness above (The World Reborn), and finally confronting the secrets that set the adventure in motion (The Portal of Life, forthcoming). Midnight Legion lets you decide what happens next. You also have a character, which you can keep throughout all three books (or create anew for each book, if you prefer). The additional game mechanics are meant to help bring the story to life:
- Memories are recovered over time. By spending Memory Points, you gain new Memories from the Memory Book that reveal everything from how to use ancient artifacts to your character’s reasons for joining the Legion.
- Energy Points can be hoarded, or spent to improve the odds of any combat or skill check.
- Sixth Sense allows you to skip ahead to preview the outcomes of possible actions.
- Beginning in Book 2, a Countdown provides a deadline for completing your mission.
The trilogy also contains gameplay elements inspired by other gamebooks and role-playing games:
- Every character is different. You can emphasize Physical Conditioning, Stealth, or Sixth Sense.
- You can also specialize in additional skills. (Inspired by Lone Wolf and other series).
- The Insights you gain throughout the adventure change the world around you, meaning that every time you visit a place or encounter a creature, the experience will be different. (Inspired by Sorcery!, Fabled Lands, and other series.)
We hope you agree that the mechanics support the story—and that you continue to accompany us on this journey to the end.